Literacy Narrative

Primary Artifact: Literacy Narrative Paper

Supporting Artifacts:

Learning Goals:

• Explore and analyze, in writing and reading, a variety of genres and rhetorical situations.
  • Recognize and practice key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations.
  • Develop strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing.

Reflection

This assignment gave me a chance to look back at my reading and writing skills. The introduction paragraphs of my writing set up my narrative.  The purpose of my writing was to show my experience with reading and writing. It is demonstrated as a literacy narrative for the audience to understand and connect with it. I have shown my point of view as a reader when I began reading and my point of view now.

For a proficient writing, I reread my paper and asked my peers to read it to see their perspective of the narrative. With the help of my peers, I got the chance of changing the style of my writing. I also found rereading my paper a few times, very helpful as that helped me find some flaws in my paper which I got to change and edit my work. Some of the strategies I used was to outline before writing the assignment, organizing the pattern, finding out what details to put in it, etc.

The audience of my writing are my professors and my peers which is why I used both electronic and print methods to fulfil requirements. This assignment made me realize that I am nowhere to be a good writer and I am just in the process of learning it because I had to revise my paper a few times and change my set-up. I also got references on how to write from the textbook. I know I can still make my writing better if I practice more.

By doing this writing assignment, I got to refer to some of my older writing assignments which helped me gain ideas and strategies to set up a literacy narrative. I used some of the rhetorical situations, strategies, etc. for helping me write this narrative. These were some of the ways I developed my literacy narrative.