Exploratory Essay

Primary Artifact: Exploratory Essay

Supporting Artifacts:

Learning Goals:

• Explore and analyze, in writing and reading, a variety of genres and rhetorical situations.
  • Recognize and practice key rhetorical terms and strategies when engaged in writing situations.
  • Develop strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing.
  • Locate/evaluate research sources in the library’s databases or archives

Reflection

I chose this topic to understand how much immigrants affect this country. I wanted to explore how much viewpoints differ on this particular topic. As an immigrant myself, I share the common understanding that immigrants came to the US for the American Dream. Just like the founding fathers, some of these immigrants come to the country to either escape poverty and persecution. Others so that they can provide better for their families. And some come to learn the American way, so that they can go back to their own countries one day, to better the lives of their fellow citizens.

Despite immigration being issue in the past, ever since Trump’s election into the office, it became a daily talk. Newspapers and news channels talked about it almost everyday, websites were created almost everyday, either supporting the DREAMERs or being against them and protests and walks formed almost in every major city. This controversial topic needed  an in-depth investigation, and I decided to look at the some the main viewpoints.